The PNSA’s scope of practice includes but is not limited to…
- Assisting with patient positioning.
- Skin preparation.
- Skin retraction.
- Diathermy under direction.
- Deep retraction and tissue handling.
- Assisting with the provision of haemostasis.
- Insertion and cutting of sutures.
- Application of dressing.
- Transfer of patient to bed or trolley.
- Participation in PACU handover. (ACORN 2010)
The full AANSA Position Description detailing the role and scope of practice for the PNSA can be viewed by clicking on the following link: